[VCS] Merging IAtomic* into IBasic*

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 15 18:24:49 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 15.05.07 11:25:11, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ok, let's see... a FileNumber revision still needs a path, but I
>> don't think there is a way to construct such a critter (nor do I
>> particularly feel that there should be), especially since not all VCS's
>> will support FileNumber revisions (e.g. svn won't). The other
>> interesting effect is that if change() takes a repository path, I guess
>> CVS can actually support it, in which case it can move to IBrowsableVC
>> after all. Any objections?
>
> IBrowsable? I thought more of IBasic, I mean its pretty basic stuff
> IMHO and its not really something you use when browsing a VCS in a
> repo-browser, right?

Well, it is if you use p4v :-). Actually change() to me seems more like
an 'exploring the repo' option than something you would want to use on a
project*, or to argue the other way I feel like it should be in the same
interface as the repo-path flavor of log(). (At one point I thought we
were trying to keep things that took repo paths out of IBasicVC?)

(* insert usual disclaimer of how I may be biased by perforce...)

--
Matthew
People say I'm going insane. I say, "what do you mean, 'going'?".