[VCS] Merging IAtomic* into IBasic*

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 15 18:51:01 UTC 2007

On 15.05.07 13:24:49, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 15.05.07 11:25:11, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> Ok, let's see... a FileNumber revision still needs a path, but I
> >> don't think there is a way to construct such a critter (nor do I
> >> particularly feel that there should be), especially since not all VCS's
> >> will support FileNumber revisions (e.g. svn won't). The other
> >> interesting effect is that if change() takes a repository path, I guess
> >> CVS can actually support it, in which case it can move to IBrowsableVC
> >> after all. Any objections?
> >
> > IBrowsable? I thought more of IBasic, I mean its pretty basic stuff
> > IMHO and its not really something you use when browsing a VCS in a
> > repo-browser, right?
>
> Well, it is if you use p4v :-). Actually change() to me seems more like
> an 'exploring the repo' option than something you would want to use on a
> project*, or to argue the other way I feel like it should be in the same
> interface as the repo-path flavor of log(). (At one point I thought we
> were trying to keep things that took repo paths out of IBasicVC?)

Ok, you convinced me. Please do that and when you're done would you mind
checking wether we forgot to clear anything and if not send a new mail to
the list asking everybody to look into the ifaces and ask any question.
So we can hopefully tell our VCS people to port to the new interfaces
sometime after the weekend (depending on how much feedback we get).

Thanks.

While you recently had your problems on the run, they've regrouped and
are making another attack.