Code Completion got worse?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 14 17:36:53 UTC 2007

On 14.05.07 17:02:16, David Nolden wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2007 16:12:37 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it just me or has code-completion in 3.4 gotten worse? It seems that
> > I can complete much fewer things in KDev4 sources than a couple of weeks
> > ago. Of course this could just be me remembering it wrongly, so do
> > others see this too? Also there was a user in IRC who said that it went
> > to be mostly not working lately. He used the experimental
> > parse-included-headers feature, but I don't use that.
> >
> > Andreas
>

> As far as I remember there hasn't been any work on the code-completion
> recently. With the "preprocess included headers"-feature enabled, CC works
> quite ok in kdev4 for me as far as I remember. However the correct
> include-path is needed for that feature to work correctly.
>
> The "resolve include-path using make" is able to resolve include-paths for
> out-of-source builds, but there's no menu-entry yet to set the out-of-source
> directory. That might be one reason why code-completion doesn't work very
> well for you.

As I said I still use static class databases.

> What type of completion-problems are you referring to actually?

For example in Kdev4's source lib/shell/documentcontroller.cpp inserting
"mimeType.data()->" or "mimeType->" in line 200 and pressing Ctrl+Space
after the > doesn't do anything for me, even though I have an up-to-date
pcs database for kdelibs/KDE4.

Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.