Code Completion got worse?

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon May 14 15:02:16 UTC 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 16:12:37 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it just me or has code-completion in 3.4 gotten worse? It seems that
> I can complete much fewer things in KDev4 sources than a couple of weeks
> ago. Of course this could just be me remembering it wrongly, so do
> others see this too? Also there was a user in IRC who said that it went
> to be mostly not working lately. He used the experimental
> parse-included-headers feature, but I don't use that.
>
> Andreas

As far as I remember there hasn't been any work on the code-completion
recently. With the "preprocess included headers"-feature enabled, CC works
quite ok in kdev4 for me as far as I remember. However the correct
include-path is needed for that feature to work correctly.

The "resolve include-path using make" is able to resolve include-paths for
out-of-source builds, but there's no menu-entry yet to set the out-of-source
directory. That might be one reason why code-completion doesn't work very
well for you.

What type of completion-problems are you referring to actually?

greetings, David