Code Completion got worse?

David Nolden david.nolden at art-master.de
Mon May 14 23:02:19 UTC 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 19:36:53 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 14.05.07 17:02:16, David Nolden wrote:
> As I said I still use static class databases.

I didn't talk about parsing included files, just preprocessing. That can help
too, for example because missing macros can create parsing-errors and such,
and namespace-aliases can be resolved.

> > What type of completion-problems are you referring to actually?
>
> For example in Kdev4's source lib/shell/documentcontroller.cpp inserting
> "mimeType.data()->" or "mimeType->" in line 200 and pressing Ctrl+Space
> after the > doesn't do anything for me, even though I have an up-to-date
> pcs database for kdelibs/KDE4.

After first opening it it didn't work too, but after recreating the kdelibs-4
database it worked. Is it the same for you?

I need to inspect why the database gets worse with time.. maybe it isn't
stored to disk correctly, or is not correctly initialized after being opened.
I've noticed similar problems already.

greetings, David