KDevelop4/win32 and SVN, the sad story

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 11 12:03:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

I guess this should rather be a blog entry, but I don't have one because
I'm not a blogger :)

So, my adventure to build KDevelop4's subversion plugin came to a dead
end :( The reason is simply that the subversion project doesn't target
mingw as compiler. They provide static libraries compiled with MSVC as
binaries to develop against and they don't provide a buildsystem that is
easily usable on windows with mingw.

I already opened an issue in their tasktracker to ask for proper symbol
exporting to make it possible to build dynamic libraries for subversion.
I hope I get a response to that sooner or later, else I guess we have to
switch to the MS compiler if we want to provide pre-built packages with
subversion support enabled. (Or somebody is brave enough to add this to
subversion)

You are wise, witty, and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading
this sort of trash.