[RFC] Context-Menu Handling in KDevelop4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 9 20:27:41 UTC 2007

On 09.05.07 19:37:14, David Nolden wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2007 18:56:00 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 09.05.07 17:52:43, David Nolden wrote:
> > The navigation menus are not that problematic (although I think the
> > classview-version is not needed anymore, as classview can be hooked to
>
> I don't exactly know about the class-view. Currently that menu is nearly
> useless, but maybe it would be useful if it would automatically show the
> class-view when it's not visible.

I don't think thats a good idea. After all in Kdev4 there may be
multiple classviews open at the same time, which one should be shown?

> > the editor position), but I seldomly use the mouse in kdev3 for code
> > navigation. Especially since we have shortcuts for jump to
> > declaration/definition.
>
> It's comfortable using only the mouse for navigation when you have some new
> unknown code in front of you and are just taking a look at it. :-)

Hmm, I didn't need it when I started hacking on kdev4, but well I'm
rather looking at some code and if I want to know how a function I
encounter works I jump to it. And then using the navigation to go back
to my last position...

> What makes it a bit harder is that the navigation-menu is hidden within such a
> big context-menu.

Well, I guess in kdev4 we'd have Code Navigation->(Navigate by Foo,Jump
To Def, Jump To Decl,...)

> > Also I just see that the navigate by menu doesn't work, having a
> > d-variable it tells me to navigate by QFontPrivate* d and not the
> > proper ProjectBaseItemPrivate*.
>
> Does navigation by keyboard work in such a case?

Actually no. Weird that it thinks this is from QFontPrivate...

You are sick, twisted and perverted.  I like that in a person.