Finding APR

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 8 21:43:16 UTC 2007

On 07.05.07 17:00:41, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >> It might, although AFAIK there is not even a requirement that apr live
> >> anywhere in particular relative to svn. Last week I fixed the
> >> horribly-broken apr finding stuff in kdesdk (trunk) to use apr-config if
> >> available and to fail if it can't find apr (the old way it would fail at
> >> build time). It wouldn't surprise me if kdevelop needs something like
> >> r660781.
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look. BTW, I'm really surprised
> > there's no FindSubversion in CMake itself...
>
> ...maybe we should submit FindSVN.cmake for inclusion as an official
> module? :-)
>
> Although right now it relies on a major hack to split the apr-config
> arguments (see [1] and [2]) that will break if there are spaces in the
> paths (although this assumes that apr-config knows how to quote). I'm
> also not sure if it works on Windows, but I would guess that either it
> does or at least one of the following is true:
> - Windows doesn't have apr in strange places

Well, it can be in C:\Program Files\Subversion so whitespace may exist

> - There is no apr-config in which case what I added is simply skipped

apr-config does exist, else I wouldn't even get as far as building svn
support in kdevelop4. KDevelop4's svn cmake module relies on finding
apr-config.

I had a look at the two links and my conclusion is that I will change
KDevelops script to find Subversion and APR/APU without relying on any
-config program. Subversion removed its svn-config already and the apr
ones don't produce output that is currently easily parseable.

So I'm going to use the stanard way of FIND_LIBRARY and FIND_PATH for
libs and includes.

Also I just found that the APR_EXTRA_LIBFLAGS aren't used in the cmake
macro but directly in the svn-plugin.

Andreas

PS: Obviously our FindSubversionLibrary.cmake was literally copied from
kdesvn.

--
Among the lucky, you are the chosen one.