Finding APR

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 7 22:00:41 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.05.07 10:17:53, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> Also the apr stuff is in <svndir>/include/apr/ and apr-util, not sure if
>>> that is going to cause problems.
>> It might, although AFAIK there is not even a requirement that apr live
>> anywhere in particular relative to svn. Last week I fixed the
>> horribly-broken apr finding stuff in kdesdk (trunk) to use apr-config if
>> available and to fail if it can't find apr (the old way it would fail at
>> build time). It wouldn't surprise me if kdevelop needs something like
>> r660781.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look. BTW, I'm really surprised
> there's no FindSubversion in CMake itself...

...maybe we should submit FindSVN.cmake for inclusion as an official
module? :-)

Although right now it relies on a major hack to split the apr-config
arguments (see [1] and [2]) that will break if there are spaces in the
paths (although this assumes that apr-config knows how to quote). I'm
also not sure if it works on Windows, but I would guess that either it
does or at least one of the following is true:
- Windows doesn't have apr in strange places
- There is no apr-config in which case what I added is simply skipped

1 http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=4977&pos=5
2 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.user/5977

--
Matthew
child: Do not try to read the .sig. That is impossible. Instead you must