CVS Integration

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 12:26:17 UTC 2007

On 16.03.07 11:48:27, Robert Gruber wrote:
> > I think this sounds good, however I think the long-term developers
> > should put in their experience with using cvsservice via dcop.
> Sorry I don't understand. Are you planning to provide both, running cvs
> by ourself and using cvsservice via DBUS? Or how should work on
> using cvsservice via DBUS if we do the commandline approach in KDevelop?

No, I mean we have to decide which approach to take, depending on kdesdk
and using the dbus interface to the cvsservice or working with the
commandline client on our own. I just wanted to split the discussion
about this topic out of the SVN thread.

> And who do you mean with long-term developers?

Well, anybody that has some experience with the CVS support, because
personally I don't. I guess Alex, Jens, Matt, Richard and some others
qualify.

You have been selected for a secret mission.