CVS Integration

Robert Gruber R.Gruber at gmx.net
Fri Mar 16 10:48:27 UTC 2007

Hi!

> I think this sounds good, however I think the long-term developers
> should put in their experience with using cvsservice via dcop.
Sorry I don't understand. Are you planning to provide both, running cvs
by ourself and using cvsservice via DBUS? Or how should work on
using cvsservice via DBUS if we do the commandline approach in KDevelop?
And who do you mean with long-term developers?

> I never
> really used it so I don't know wether there are substantial problems
> that would be solved by duplicating the code in kdevelop.
As I've already posted before, I don't see any problems in using cvsservice
via DBUs, besides the fact that we would depend on kdesdk then.
I've already written a small demo app using cvsservice via DBUS and
it works just fine.
So the only reason for duplicating the cvsservice code in KDevelop
would be to not depend on kdesdk.

Cervisia's cvsservice DBUS interfaces don't do anything else, but running
the cvs client and piping it's output to the caller. All we would have
to do, is to copy some file from cvsservice, remove a lot of DBUS
related stuff and maybe do some changes in order to make it fit our needs.

Robert