CVS Integration

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Fri Mar 16 13:12:25 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 11:40, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > So if we agree on using the cvs client directly, I will continue to
> > work on this task.
>
> I think this sounds good, however I think the long-term developers
> should put in their experience with using cvsservice via dcop. I never
> really used it so I don't know wether there are substantial problems
> that would be solved by duplicating the code in kdevelop.

I don't want to use DCOP/DBUS just to launch cvs command again.
Please don't go this way ;) I did that once when I implemented
cvs integrator for KDev3's appwizard and I've changed some code there
later to call cvs directly avoiding communication with cervisia.
I don't remember the exact reason why I had to avoid dcop in
appwizard but I still remember there was a problem ;)
Also using cervisia for me is just adding annoying dependency upon kdesdk.