CVS Integration

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 09:40:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

as the SVN thread is already pretty long I think we should start a new
thread for this topic:

On 16.03.07 08:25:23, Robert Gruber wrote:
> > PS: as far as CVS is concerned, I think we should try to use the cmdline
> > client, so we won't depend on kdesdk and can have the cvs plugin in the
> > platform.
>
> To be honest, first I was really against reimplementing cervisia's
> cvsservice in KDevelop. But after having a deeper
> +look into cvsservice I think running the cvs client by ourself isn't
> that much work at all.
>
> I've already written a small demo app to test how this could be done.
> I copied the CvsJob class from cvsservice, +cleaned it up (removed
> dbus and qt3 things) +and adapted it to my needs.  Next I've written a
> small wrapper class that assembles the commandline and then uses
> CvsJob to run the cvs client.  If interested you can download the demo
> from http://kmp3indexer.sourceforge.net/misc/
>

> So if we agree on using the cvs client directly, I will continue to
> work on this task.

I think this sounds good, however I think the long-term developers
should put in their experience with using cvsservice via dcop. I never
really used it so I don't know wether there are substantial problems
that would be solved by duplicating the code in kdevelop.

Green light in A.M. for new projects.  Red light in P.M. for traffic tickets.