using of namespace in KDevPlatform?

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Thu Jun 21 19:15:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just did a grep for "namespace" in KDevPlatform and I want to ask some
questions:

1) Inside of Teamwork I can find many definitions of namespaces: Teamwork,
Utils, Tree, Meta, SumTree, FuzzySearch and Diff2. Where do all these
namespaces come from? Do we need/want them all?

2) What is the rule for the usage of namespaces at all? Most plugins are not
using the KDevelop namespace, but projectmanagerview is?

3) In duchainmodel.cpp I found these lines:
	using namespace KTextEditor;
	using namespace KDevelop;
Isn't there a small risk that in the future new added names might clash?

Jens