[KDev4] status displayer

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 15:34:41 UTC 2007

On 21.06.07 17:25:16, David Nolden wrote:
> On Thursday 21 June 2007 16:56:34 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Oh, and I just forgot: The progressbar for the parsing is eventually
> > already existing, unless I'm mitaken ParseJob is a KJob subclass and
> > thus kuiserver will display it. Maybe we can have a progresviewer for
> > kdevelop-jobs as a plugin, then you'd see the progress of various things
> > all in 1 place, that can be disabled if you want it (or moved to another
> > screen/desktop).
>
> But it really isn't very user-friendly having to open another application just
> to see whether your project is parsed, that belongs into kdevelop.

As I said, a toolview fits fine here - IMHO. Apart from that: kuiserver
might be a plasma applet in reality or might be open all the time
because it shows the progress of all jobs in your desktop.

> There's also other statuses to be displayed: For example when you callaborate
> on a file, you would maybe like to know about the connection-state, whether
> the file is locked, etc. We need some way to display such information. When
> there's no status-bar then we need another place suited to display such
> stuff.

Sure.

> One thing comes into my mind that's really useful about the status-bar:
> The line-number, I wouldn't want to miss that

I can't recall when I last needed that one, but maybe thats just my
brain not even noticing that I look for the line ;)

Your aims are high, and you are capable of much.