using of namespace in KDevPlatform?

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu Jun 21 19:34:31 UTC 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007 21:15:23 Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi,
> 1) Inside of Teamwork I can find many definitions of namespaces: Teamwork,
> Utils, Tree, Meta, SumTree, FuzzySearch and Diff2. Where do all these
> namespaces come from? Do we need/want them all?

Hi!

The Diff2 namespace comes from libdiff2, there's a copy of that in the
kdevelop-tree. The lib should stay as close to original as possible.

I've mainly created the other namespaces to logically separate independent
components, that do not directly deal with teamwork, but are used by
teamwork, and to bring some more structure into the code. Some of them,
like "Tree" could be renamed(should be something like StaticTree or
MetaTree), but that's not a big deal.

Btw. the time that code was written, the "KDevelop" namespace didn't exist
yet.

Greetings, David