CMake 2.4.7 available for download

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jul 24 22:52:07 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 15:59, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > It doesn't matter wether it breaks any version older than 3.3.0 because
> > those are completely unsupported. Even for 3.3.x we don't offer active
> > support (we still host the code in branches/kdevelop because newer
> > kdevelop only works with KDE 3.4 or older).
>
> Sounds good.

I can assure you for the developers at Kitware it doesn't matter whether the
developers of one of the supported build tools still support an old version
of this build tool.
If there is a user of this old version, and it worked with a previous version
of cmake and breaks with a new one it is a bug which has to be fixed.

> > And svn history doesn't show any changes that would indicate a fix for
> > coloured make output between 3.3.0 and now. There's one change though
> > that might accidentally fix it, the introduction of the ActionFormat
> > (introduced in April 2005, I doubt anybody using cmake is using such an
> > ancient kdevelop)
> >
> > Maybe the change rather happened in cmake, i.e. in earlier versions it
> > didn't use isatty to check for a tty but instead always printed
> > colors?
>
> Any cmake devs want to comment? This actually seems much more likely,
> since I don't know why KDevelop would ever act like a pty.

Did you try whether you get problems with an older version of cmake with
current kdevelop but not anymore with current cmake when enabling color ?

Bye
Alex