Local Project File [Re: Extending the IProjectFileManager interface]

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Thu Jul 5 22:26:40 UTC 2007

> > Now I am confused very much. Do you mean we have one *.kdev4 file which
> > is read-only (which is supposed to be in a VCS) and one
> > <project>/.kdev4/<projectname>.kdev4 which is read-write (which is
> > supposed to be _not_ in a VCS)?
>
> Yes, thats what I meant. This has been this way ever since Adam (IIRC)
> created the code. The only difference between then and now is that the
> user can't choose which file to store the settings to. Reason for that
> is a discussion held on this list some time in March (IIRC), where the
> outcome was that allowing the user to choose is not working.

I admit that I do not know the code. I have no problem with the fact that the
user can not control where the file is saved in the moment. But I have not
thought very much about this yet.
But what makes me worry is that Andras and I were discussing that we want to
save the information which files belong to the project into the *.kdev4 file
that is shared. How can we do this if we can not write? And how is a project
created at the beginning if you can not write from the platform? We have a
wizard for new projects in Quanta and this one should of course be able to
create a *.kdev4 file without creating the ini-file manually.

Still confused a bit

Jens