Future of teamwork plugin

mchouinard mchouinard at mcrd.ath.cx
Tue Jul 3 16:28:31 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 12:04:27 David Nolden wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007 14:13:04 schrieb Jakob Petsovits:
> > On Tuesday, 3. July 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > I'm voting to move it out of the platform and into
> > > playground/kdevelop4-extra-plugins. Yes if it works well it will be a
> > > really useful plugin (Eclipse recently started with communications
> > > stuff), but we need to be able to maintain it and this can't be
> > > guaranteed currently.
>
> So the fact that the stable network-code is not written in qt makes it
> unmaintainable? Isn't this fascism on toolkit-level?
>
> If we would disable the patch-management part, we'd have a usable plugin
> that is more stable than any other part of kdevelop-4 currently is.
>
> However It's true that I have no time to work on it, so if the code is
> really so scary for you, move it away.
Hi David,
I have a few questions about this plugin.
the first one is why did you wrote a complete network protocol instead of
using something like jabber, which can easily be extended to support most (if
not all ) the features one might expect of this kind of plugin?

I think 1 qualifies as "a few questions" ;)
Mathieu

--
"If we were meant to fly, we wouldn't keep losing our luggage."