Future of teamwork plugin

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Jul 3 17:50:20 UTC 2007

Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007 18:28:31 schrieb mchouinard:
> Hi David,
> I have a few questions about this plugin.
> the first one is why did you wrote a complete network protocol instead of
> using something like jabber, which can easily be extended to support most
> (if not all ) the features one might expect of this kind of plugin?
>
> I think 1 qualifies as "a few questions" ;)
> Mathieu

The networking-code is generally abstracted into "users", "sessions". It would
be quite easy to extend it to use jabber, and I think it would be great. All
necessary would be enabling Teamwork::Client to manage a user-list from a
jabber-account, and writing a specialization of Teamwork::Session(or similar
named) that can send/receive data and attach one such session to each
jabber-user.

So in the end using jabber would have ment some additional work, and the
planned feature-list was too long to do that.
Besides, I didn't know about jabber when I wrote the proposal. :-)

Btw. I'm not sure though whether jabber would be usable for real-time editing
of a document.

greetings, David