RFC: KDevelop4 icons, what do we want/need?

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Wed Jan 31 00:37:50 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, 31. January 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I had one other comment about the breakpoint icon. Do we really want to
> use process-close for this? While I don't find the icon aesthetically
> objectionable, to me the action of a breakpoint is not very well
> represented by the 'close process' verb. I think I would rather have a
> slightly different icon; maybe a stop sign as per the original draft?

It's process-stop, not process-close.
(Look it up in the mail you replied to ;)

That's exactly the same "stop loading the document" icon that web browsers
use, and is practically a stop sign per definition. It's not (yet?) in
Tango's icon naming spec, but at least in its reference implementation
tarball, and there's no way that it won't belong to the final specification.

For everyone who doesn't want to look up and download the Tango tarball,
here's the reference icon (it will look a bit different in Oxygen, but the
meaning will be the same):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Process-stop.svg

I think this is the most appropriate icon we will get, and reusing existing
icons definitely makes sense.