RFC: KDevelop4 icons, what do we want/need?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 26 16:51:22 UTC 2007

On 26.01.07 10:23:04, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 25.01.07 17:54:42, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> i.e. would it make sense to borrow 'play', 'pause', 'stop', etc. icons
> >> otherwise intended for media player programs for KDevelop?
> >
> > Well, play and stop for running/stopping an app could be fine. But then
> > debug should have a separate icon and thus I don't think pause would be
> > such a good idea - i.e. some mediaplayer icons work for executing the
> > app, some work for debugging it.
>
> Actually, my thought was that /all/ of those would be for debugging;

Ok, but only the 3 of those make some sense to use as debugging icons.
The fast forward, rewind or the next/prev icons don't make much sense in
a debugging session. I mean sure one could assign Step to next or fast
forward, but I don't think that if you see such an icon you'd connect it
to "Step" in your head.

So, I can agree that those 3 icons do make sense in debugging toolbar.

Chicken Little was right.