RFC: KDevelop4 icons, what do we want/need?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 26 16:23:04 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 25.01.07 17:54:42, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> No problem! Personally I think your fears are unfounded :-)
>
> I hope so.

Well, anyway I am not going to have a chance to check this in until
Tuesday (unless I do it right now, which I won't...). So there is at
least the whole weekend for people to take a look.

>> i.e. would it make sense to borrow 'play', 'pause', 'stop', etc. icons
>> otherwise intended for media player programs for KDevelop?
>
> Well, play and stop for running/stopping an app could be fine. But then
> debug should have a separate icon and thus I don't think pause would be
> such a good idea - i.e. some mediaplayer icons work for executing the
> app, some work for debugging it.

Actually, my thought was that /all/ of those would be for debugging; IMO
the gear we use for 'Execute Program' is fine, I would keep that. This
way we don't have the inconsistency. But thanks for pointing that out, I
wasn't paying attention to it consciously, and it's good you made me
clarify. :-)

--
Matthew
"There's nothing in the universe so permanent as a temporary government