[RFC] Suport for distcc, icecream and ccche

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jan 22 23:44:44 UTC 2007

On 22.01.07 23:16:37, Kanniball wrote:
> I know you all are really busy, but here a proposed patch.
>
> It adds suport for distributed compiling, and relies on the make options of
> the project.
> icecream and ccache are mutally exclusice due the reasons on icecream page
> http://en.opensuse.org/Icecream
>
> This patch still has some debug statements, wich sould not respect the rules,
> but I leave them for now, just because I think that someone will test this :)
>
> And of course I'm sure that I will need to make changes...

Yes, the most obvious problems:

a) You don't need the KService stuff to read some variables from the
project dom.
b) You don't do any sanity checks for the lists returned, last time I
checked the result of calling first() on a qt list is undefined if the
list is empty
c) The make widget has a variable to know which configuration group is
used. The widget is used for all project managers that run make at some
point
d) I'm not sure the make-widget is the right place, if this is dependant
on kdevautotools you need to implement this only there. If you want it
to be working for all make-based systems you need to change the code to
do this, not sure how to do that though.

You are scrupulously honest, frank, and straightforward.  Therefore you
have few friends.