[RFC] Suport for distcc, icecream and ccche

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jan 23 00:26:12 UTC 2007

On 23.01.07 00:44:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 22.01.07 23:16:37, Kanniball wrote:
> > I know you all are really busy, but here a proposed patch.
> >
> > It adds suport for distributed compiling, and relies on the make options of
> > the project.
> > icecream and ccache are mutally exclusice due the reasons on icecream page
> > http://en.opensuse.org/Icecream
> >
> > This patch still has some debug statements, wich sould not respect the rules,
> > but I leave them for now, just because I think that someone will test this :)
> >
> > And of course I'm sure that I will need to make changes...
>
> Yes, the most obvious problems:

As a short followup, what you want to do can be done more easily and
without changing any code.

Look at the .desktop files in languages/cpp/compiler/gccoptions. By
adding a couple of new .desktop files for icecream-gcc,
ccache-distcc-gcc and distcc-gcc with apropriate Exec values in them the
user can choose the combinations from the drop-down list on the
configure options page.

Another good night not to sleep in a eucalyptus tree.