The name of this project is KDevelop

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Sun Jan 21 16:55:36 UTC 2007

On Sunday, 21. January 2007 17:31, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> In a few weeks I will be an *active* Open Source developer (again).
> It's just too bad I disagree to much with you guys :-) I will take a
> look at Alexander branch in the next few weeks. I hope he (and the
> other developers) will understand the value of the name KDevelop, but
> if nothing will change (e.g. KDevelop public api using the Koncrete
> namespace, or our library with 202 files, ...) then I will start the
> fork. Feel free to send me an email if you are interested or if you
> want to join this new(possible?) fork.

My opinion is that the code is what's important. You've got lot's of ideas how
to make KDevelop better, and I believe your contributions to either the fork
or the re-renamed KDevelop Platform are good for everyone.

I'm very opposed to the idea of splitting our work forces over a naming issue.
I've got the impression that changing Koncrete back to KDevelop is far more
important to you than keeping the name is for Matt or Alexander. ("It's just
a fucking name, right?") Working on KDevelop 4 _together_ will get us further
than having a fork.

Thus, I suggest to rename Koncrete back to KDevelop Platform, namespace the
lib/ classes with KDevPlatform:: and make one KDevelop 4 that rocks, instead
of two different KDevelops that are merely sufficient.

The code is more important than the name.

Thanks,
  Jakob