Project file list support for the grepview part (w/ patch)

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Thu Jan 18 18:04:38 UTC 2007

> grepdlg is getting REALLY crowded with options... do you think it
would
> be possible/reasonable to remove the 'recursive' checkbox and replace
> this with a dropdown 'in this folder', 'in this folder and
subfolders',
> 'in project'? (Values are suggestions only, feel free to improve.)

I'm not sure that a dropdown makes sense for this option.  I understand
that the dialog is getting pretty wide, though (its around 800 pixels
wide on my system).  I can see rearranging the checkbox options so that
they take more room vertically and less room horizontally (2 columns or
similar).

> Does this patch disable the current directory, or does it restrict the

> search to the directory AND files in the project? If no, would it be
> reasonable to do this? If yes, would it be reasonable to have both
> options? (I.e. 'all in project', 'all in project AND this directory'?)

It disables the Files dropdown, Directory dropdown (and corresponding
buttons), Recursive option and Suppress find errors option.

> Does this override the file type? Should it?

It disables this field.  Should it? - It seemed reasonable to.  The user
can exclude file types using the Exclude field.  I suppose it doesn't
hurt anything by being enabled, but implementing it may be a little
hairy.

The question then becomes, are any of the devs willing to approve/commit
this patch?  And if so, should any of the changes Matthew suggested be
made first?

Kris Wong