Project file list support for the grepview part (w/ patch)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 18 17:16:26 UTC 2007

Kris Wong wrote:
> A quick review of the feature: It adds the ability to search for a
> string in only the files in the current project's file list.  A checkbox
> was added to the grepdlg.

grepdlg is getting REALLY crowded with options... do you think it would
be possible/reasonable to remove the 'recursive' checkbox and replace
this with a dropdown 'in this folder', 'in this folder and subfolders',
'in project'? (Values are suggestions only, feel free to improve.)

Does this patch disable the current directory, or does it restrict the
search to the directory AND files in the project? If no, would it be
reasonable to do this? If yes, would it be reasonable to have both
options? (I.e. 'all in project', 'all in project AND this directory'?)

Does this override the file type? Should it?

Note that I'm also not saying you should address all this before
committing (if the patch is accepted), but maybe something to consider
as a follow-up...

--
Matthew
"What a wonderful smell you've discovered!" -- Princess Leia Organa