3.4 svn minor graphic glitch in grepview?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 12 00:33:05 UTC 2007

On 11.01.07 17:16:54, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 11.01.07 14:10:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> Ok, thanks for the feedback! I actually used the stock 'back' image trimmed
> >> down a bit (in CrystalSVG it is actually gray) but looking now, I agree the
> >> arrow is almost invisible (No, Jakob, it's not you ;-)).
> >>
> >> Here is Take 2. Actually this would look a lot better I think if I could make
> >> it e.g. 20x16 instead of 16x16. Is that allowable? Take 3...
> >
> > No that doesn't make sense, its resized to Toolbar+8 pixel anyway to
> > match the size of the KURLRequester's button.
> >
> > Other than that I think it looks fine. The only real problem is that its
> > not matching my personal icon style ;) But thats not possible to achieve
> > with KDE.
>
> Yes, I was thinking that to Do It Right there needs to be at least one
> for all the default icon themes, and of course that breaks for anyone
> not using a default scheme. But as you say, that's unavoidable. (But if
> you would like a similar icon but based on a different theme, I'd be
> happy to make one.)

Well, the existing dirsync one is special too, but it doesn't use
something from the standard themes (the directory). No I don't want you
to use some arbitrary theme as base, better use the KDE standard theme
which is crystalsvg AFAIK.

> > The goto icon sounds like it would be "the right one" in terms
> > of meaning, but it doesn't really look like its doying the sync (two
> > show traces).
>
> Hmm, a pair of footprints (in CrystalSVG anyway). No, that doesn't seem
> ideal.

Its slightly better in my theme (slick) where its to "play" icons merged
together, but still not really proper.

> You know, the problem is that it needs to somehow indicate a place. What
> about a folder with a circle around it? Or maybe better, a folder with
> an arrow going /into/ it? That might be a little bit clearer?

I was only thinking out loud :) Actually if you don't mind the abuse I'd
like to use the folder_sent_mail icon. That would make us adhere to the
user's icon style and still give something which "points" to a folder.
Unless you think a pointer into an open folder is better of course, then
please do that and I'll see that it gets added before 3.4.0 is tagged.

You have the body of a 19 year old.  Please return it before it gets wrinkled.