3.4 svn minor graphic glitch in grepview?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 11 23:16:54 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 11.01.07 14:10:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ok, thanks for the feedback! I actually used the stock 'back' image trimmed
>> down a bit (in CrystalSVG it is actually gray) but looking now, I agree the
>> arrow is almost invisible (No, Jakob, it's not you ;-)).
>>
>> Here is Take 2. Actually this would look a lot better I think if I could make
>> it e.g. 20x16 instead of 16x16. Is that allowable? Take 3...
>
> No that doesn't make sense, its resized to Toolbar+8 pixel anyway to
> match the size of the KURLRequester's button.
>
> Other than that I think it looks fine. The only real problem is that its
> not matching my personal icon style ;) But thats not possible to achieve
> with KDE.

Yes, I was thinking that to Do It Right there needs to be at least one
for all the default icon themes, and of course that breaks for anyone
not using a default scheme. But as you say, that's unavoidable. (But if
you would like a similar icon but based on a different theme, I'd be
happy to make one.)

> Also your icon looks very much like kdelib's folder_sent_mail, except there
> the arrow is on the left side ;) It would be a bit of abuse according to
> the name.

Ah, yes, so it does.

> The goto icon sounds like it would be "the right one" in terms
> of meaning, but it doesn't really look like its doying the sync (two
> show traces).

Hmm, a pair of footprints (in CrystalSVG anyway). No, that doesn't seem
ideal.

You know, the problem is that it needs to somehow indicate a place. What
about a folder with a circle around it? Or maybe better, a folder with
an arrow going /into/ it? That might be a little bit clearer?

--
Matthew
Help! Someone let me off this crazy thing!