3.4 svn minor graphic glitch in grepview?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 12 00:46:11 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 11.01.07 17:16:54, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> Other than that I think it looks fine. The only real problem is that its
>>> not matching my personal icon style ;) But thats not possible to achieve
>>> with KDE.
>> Yes, I was thinking that to Do It Right there needs to be at least one
>> for all the default icon themes, and of course that breaks for anyone
>> not using a default scheme. But as you say, that's unavoidable. (But if
>> you would like a similar icon but based on a different theme, I'd be
>> happy to make one.)
>
> Well, the existing dirsync one is special too, but it doesn't use
> something from the standard themes (the directory). No I don't want you
> to use some arbitrary theme as base, better use the KDE standard theme
> which is crystalsvg AFAIK.

I think so too, at least that's what I've got from my brand new
not-distro-munged KDE 3.5.5 on my other box. Also it's my favorite. :-)
(Well, of the ones that come with KDE, anyway, I like it quite a bit and
so I haven't really looked for an alternative.)

> I was only thinking out loud :) Actually if you don't mind the abuse I'd
> like to use the folder_sent_mail icon. That would make us adhere to the
> user's icon style and still give something which "points" to a folder.
> Unless you think a pointer into an open folder is better of course, then
> please do that and I'll see that it gets added before 3.4.0 is tagged.

It WFM, why should /I/ mind? :-) Maybe I will still make an icon, if so
I will send it, but for now if you like to use folder_sent_mail that is
OK by me. Anyway I am still (whenever I finally get around to it) going
to request a real icon for this purpose from Oxygen. I can think of
non-KDevelop places where it would be useful, so...

I'll probably use the 'arrow going into folder' as a suggestion for Oxygen.

Thanks!

--
Matthew
Help! Someone let me off this crazy thing!