3.4 svn minor graphic glitch in grepview?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 10 23:56:54 UTC 2007

On 10.01.07 16:32:36, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 10.01.07 14:13:48, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> >> I just updated to get the fix for 'format files' breaking the
> >> tools->filetype accelerator, and discovered that the graphic on 'use
> >> current directory' in grepview has changed from a text '.' to a graphic
> >> '<->'.
> >>
> >> Is this intentional?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> >> (And if so, why? IMO using '.' is more intuitive,
> >> at least for anyone with /any/ shell experience, and I don't get the
> >> '<->' at all...)
> >
> > Hmm, any suggestions for a better icon that is in pics? I don't want the
> > ".", because you can't see the button. Its just not discoverable.
>
> Huh, I never had any problem. :-)

I didn't even see the button until Jens took my head and bumped it on
the button ;)

> Hmm, pics? You mean <KDEDIR>/share/apps/*/pics?

More like <kdevelop-source>/pics but if you find a standard KDE icon for
this thats fine too I guess..

> (Does it have to already
> exist or could I contribute one? Not that I can think of one better than
> "." to be honest. Hmm, would you be offended if I ask kde-artists?)

Feel free, but also mind that the same icon is used on the file-selector
toolview to indicate the exact same thing. The classview sync looks
different though, maybe something with a document icon as base like
File->New and two arrows forming a circle...

> What about using 'cwd' instead? (Ok, so it's more technical - hey, this
> IS an IDE, though - but it is a lot more distinctive pixels.)

I don't think cwd is a good think. I would've used "Sync To File" but
that is just too long for the dialog...

This life is yours.  Some of it was given to you; the rest, you made yourself.