3.4 svn minor graphic glitch in grepview?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 10 22:32:36 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 10.01.07 14:13:48, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I just updated to get the fix for 'format files' breaking the
>> tools->filetype accelerator, and discovered that the graphic on 'use
>> current directory' in grepview has changed from a text '.' to a graphic
>> '<->'.
>>
>> Is this intentional?
>
> Yes.
>
>> (And if so, why? IMO using '.' is more intuitive,
>> at least for anyone with /any/ shell experience, and I don't get the
>> '<->' at all...)
>
> Hmm, any suggestions for a better icon that is in pics? I don't want the
> ".", because you can't see the button. Its just not discoverable.

Huh, I never had any problem. :-)
Hmm, pics? You mean <KDEDIR>/share/apps/*/pics? (Does it have to already
exist or could I contribute one? Not that I can think of one better than
"." to be honest. Hmm, would you be offended if I ask kde-artists?)

What about using 'cwd' instead? (Ok, so it's more technical - hey, this
IS an IDE, though - but it is a lot more distinctive pixels.)

> Also note that this button now has an accelerator (Alt+Y) which is
> probably even easier than clicking any button.

Noted. :-)

--
Matthew
"What a wonderful smell you've discovered!" -- Princess Leia Organa