If you're not working on KDevelop 4, you should be

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 02:22:58 UTC 2007

2007/2/20, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 20.02.07 10:30:19, dukju ahn wrote:
> > 2007/2/18, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > >However all I have on my todo list for 3 are 2 things: a) fix the
> > >svn-bug committing selected files with multiple commits, b) do a few
> > >improvements on custom so it works better for KDE4 development.
> >
> > Regarding this work below:
> > a) fix the svn-bug committing selected files with multiple commits.
> >
> > I am also working to significantly improve subversion support in KDevelop.
> > I want to know which part of subversion pluing did you modified.
> > I am worried because it will duplicate our efforts and times.
>
> I didn't start with anything yet :) svn-bug is low priority for me, as
> currently the svn-support is so bad I tell everybody to not use it ;)
>
> > I fixed svn-committing bug. But I will do more. What I plan to do is
> > that KDevelop
> > issues dialog box to select/deselect files to be committed, added or deleted.
> > Currently, I have finished this algorithm. I am implementing dialog box.
> > The first draft will be available at this weekend.
>
> That sounds good, but doesn't fix the real problems of the version
> control support (namely lacking integration into the ide and missing
> features like diffing and viewing history). Don't get me wrong, I'm all
> for improvements but the support is still barely usable.
>
> Andreas

I see. The functionality I mentioned above is just the beginning work.
Ultimately, I aim to integrate (nearly) every functionalities of
subversion. I want to do step-by-step manner. Next step would be
svn-logview

VCS is one of the most important part in IDE. And that's why so many
people use eclipse. Someone should work on VCS.

-- Ahn, Duk J.