If you're not working on KDevelop 4, you should be

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 20 01:41:31 UTC 2007

On 20.02.07 10:30:19, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/2/18, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> >However all I have on my todo list for 3 are 2 things: a) fix the
> >svn-bug committing selected files with multiple commits, b) do a few
> >improvements on custom so it works better for KDE4 development.
>
> Regarding this work below:
> a) fix the svn-bug committing selected files with multiple commits.
>
> I am also working to significantly improve subversion support in KDevelop.
> I want to know which part of subversion pluing did you modified.
> I am worried because it will duplicate our efforts and times.

I didn't start with anything yet :) svn-bug is low priority for me, as
currently the svn-support is so bad I tell everybody to not use it ;)

> I fixed svn-committing bug. But I will do more. What I plan to do is
> that KDevelop
> issues dialog box to select/deselect files to be committed, added or deleted.
> Currently, I have finished this algorithm. I am implementing dialog box.
> The first draft will be available at this weekend.

That sounds good, but doesn't fix the real problems of the version
control support (namely lacking integration into the ide and missing
features like diffing and viewing history). Don't get me wrong, I'm all
for improvements but the support is still barely usable.

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue.