Left sidebar WAY too big?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 1 21:36:19 UTC 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 01.02.07 15:02:24, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I have a coworker that is looking at using kdevelop as a source browser
>> on UNIX (he mainly uses Windows). I set up a recent SVN build with KDE
>> 3.5.6 on an x64 lab machine we have and set him up with XMing as the X
>> server.
>>
>> KDevelop seems to run OK, but opening a left sidebar (e.g. classes, file
>> tree, etc.) causes the sidebar to be wider than the KDevelop window
>> (meaning the resize bar is not reachable to make it smaller). This makes
>> the workspace part of the window unusable (because it is zero or
>> negative size and/or its left coordinate is past the right edge of the
>> window).
>
> If I understand you right the left sidebar is larger than the
> mainwindow? I really wonder how that can happen, after all its Qt
> dockwidgets and a dockwidget cannot be resized to be larger than the
> main widget - normally.

Right, it /doesn't/ make sense. :-) Actually it seems when this happens
the Qt window is somehow larger than the X window, since other things
disappear off the right edge as well. Of course, I am still not sure how
the sidebar got to be so large in the first place...

> Anyway see .kde/share/config/kdeveloprc it has sections for all
> ToolWindow's which contain a setting for the width.

[LeftToolWindow]
ViewWidth=1830

Um, does that look right?! :-)

I've *NO* idea how it got that way, but changing it to a more reasonable
value makes things sane again. Thanks for the quick answer!

--
Matthew
Congratulations! You've won a free trip to the future! All you have to