Left sidebar WAY too big?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Feb 1 21:20:28 UTC 2007

On 01.02.07 15:02:24, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I have a coworker that is looking at using kdevelop as a source browser
> on UNIX (he mainly uses Windows). I set up a recent SVN build with KDE
> 3.5.6 on an x64 lab machine we have and set him up with XMing as the X
> server.
>
> KDevelop seems to run OK, but opening a left sidebar (e.g. classes, file
> tree, etc.) causes the sidebar to be wider than the KDevelop window
> (meaning the resize bar is not reachable to make it smaller). This makes
> the workspace part of the window unusable (because it is zero or
> negative size and/or its left coordinate is past the right edge of the
> window).

If I understand you right the left sidebar is larger than the
mainwindow? I really wonder how that can happen, after all its Qt
dockwidgets and a dockwidget cannot be resized to be larger than the
main widget - normally.

Anyway see .kde/share/config/kdeveloprc it has sections for all
ToolWindow's which contain a setting for the width.

Increased knowledge will help you now.  Have mate's phone bugged.