KDE/kdevelop/languages/cpp

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:19:56 UTC 2007

On Friday 07 December 2007 02:43:12 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.12.07 00:00:46, David Nolden wrote:
> > Currently works only with up to 9 local variables(because of chosen
> > hardcoded colors, that btw. still need some tuning).
>
> I guess you're aware of this, but better safe than sorry: Hardcoded
> colors need to vanish before the first beta.

I don't know. The important thing is that we get as many colors as possible,
that they are as distinguishable as possible. So the hard-coded colors
actually are a linear choice from all available colors, with a distance from
each other that makes them still distinguishable, and with the same
brightness for all of them. I don't know what we should compute automatically
about this. Maybe it would make sense, so we could make configurable how many
colors there are(and thus how distinguishable they are, and how many
different variables can be highlighted). A thing we might need to do is
transforming them so they are very bright if the editor background-color is
black.

greetings, David