Contexts for If/Loops

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 28 23:57:20 UTC 2007

On 29.08.07 01:10:56, David Nolden wrote:
> Andreas:
> Hmm that is currently not 100% supported by the du-chain, and real recursive
> searching would not be good performance-wise.
>
> I've thought about this a bit, and I think the right solution would be a
> modification to the du-chain.

Thanks for helping us noobs out here :)

> Specifically we should create a new mode of operation for DUContext, where the
> context is automatically imported into the parent-context.
> Implementation-wise all this would mean is that the context should store its
> Declarations locally(needed for nice recompiling), but put them into the
> search-hashes starting at the own one, up to the first parent that is not in
> this mode.

With mode do  you mean the Context type? Also would this mean that for

def test():
  if True:
    aba=1
  print aba

aba would also be known before the if()? Or is such stuff taken care of
by the order of declaration creation?

I know I have no idea how code completion is done on top of duchain, I'm
just imagining that its needed for that to not see "aba" before the
if-context.

You will step on the night soil of many countries.