Contexts for If/Loops

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 28 23:10:56 UTC 2007

Andreas:
Hmm that is currently not 100% supported by the du-chain, and real recursive
searching would not be good performance-wise.

I've thought about this a bit, and I think the right solution would be a
modification to the du-chain.

Specifically we should create a new mode of operation for DUContext, where the
context is automatically imported into the parent-context.
Implementation-wise all this would mean is that the context should store its
Declarations locally(needed for nice recompiling), but put them into the
search-hashes starting at the own one, up to the first parent that is not in
this mode.

That way the Declarations can be found on searches from within all contexts
where it should be found, while still using the very efficient hash-search
without any recursion.

greetings, David