[KDev4] buildtools/builder API suggestion.

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:08:26 UTC 2007

2007/4/29, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> On 29.04.07 08:30:54, dukju ahn wrote:
> > I'm working on CustomMakeManager. The problem is that
> > IProjectBuilder::build() api is not reusable for CustomMakeManager
> >
> > in IProjectBuilder, the only interfaces are
> >
> >     virtual bool build(ProjectBaseItem *dom) = 0;
> >     virtual bool clean(ProjectBaseItem *dom) = 0;
> >
> > The problem is that we cannot specify build target or
> > build directory using ProjectBaseItem.
>
> So? From the project base item you can fetch the project and find the
> builddir. If a project manager wants to allow building of a specific
> target it should do so by additions to the context menu.

I was not talking about user interface. My question was how the
projectmanagers can specify which target to build.

> If you need to customize an interface create a subclass and add new
> methods. Then have a plugin implement these.

I think this is the answer.

>Please stop this CppProject* stuff, Make can not only build CPP
>projects.

I thought MakeBuilder is just for C/C++. Are there any cases where
"make" is used for other languages than C/C++? If then, do we need
to create Builder that is specific for C/C++?