KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 25 16:48:16 UTC 2007

On 23.04.07 17:49:39, David Nolden wrote:
> boost-serialization -- is used for the whole messaging system, is far superior
> to qt's serialization-stuff, so it cannot be replaced. The only problem, that
> still has to be worked on, is that it creates very big executables when
> compiled in debug-mode.

Wow, 15 Meg is really big (that is libnetwork as static lib).

Is the slow compilation of the actual plugin files related to this big
library? Those files seem to compile much slower than any other files in
kdevelop/trunk that use Qt/KDE code.

Also I just did a wc -l on the headers/cpp files: 38000 lines, that is a
really huge component. Even if I don't count the network and dynamictext
libs its still 18000 lines.

Keep it short for pithy sake.