KDE/kdevelop [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon Apr 23 22:50:33 UTC 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 21:23:52 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Which makes it not usable for other applications that don't want to
> build on kdevplatform.

You're right. But I think it's not ready yet for use by other applications.
Once kdevelop-teamwork is completely ready, it hopefully will be. In the end
I'd like to see that stuff in a separate project, there's a lot of code that
for example koffice-teamwork(a summer of code project) could profit from..
but It would also make building a full kdevelop as well as development on
kdevelop-teamwork more complicated. So it's something to do later.

> Would you also please make the plugin optional?

I don't know how make things optional with cmake.. but it would be ok.

My only worry with this would be that many people wouldn't compile it because
it is a lot to compile(and slow compiling because of all the templates) and
thus would not port it to their api-changes.

On Monday 23 April 2007 21:55:55 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> As I suspected this doesn't work on windows easily, so we definetly need
> to replace this.
>
> Andreas

http://www.hyperrealm.com/commoncpp/commoncpp-faq.html says
"Current platform support includes Mac OS X, POSIX systems such as GNU/Linux
and Solaris, and Microsoft Windows (2000 and later).", are you sure? And
don't you confuse it with GNU Common C++?(as seen in the faq).

Which does not mean that I don't think that it would be useful optionally
using qt for that stuff, because that would increase acceptance of the
library for kde-development.

greetings, David