KDevelop 3.4 beta 3 release date?

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas webmaster at kdevelop.org
Thu Sep 7 08:51:40 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 06:32, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have an idea of when beta 3 should be released?
beta 2 was only released yesterday (ftp mirror issues)

> As we get more
> into the KDE 4 development cycle, I don't really like the idea of spending
> anymore time on KDev 3.4. However, I'm not sure that KDevelop 3.4 is ready
> for general public consumption now, since I've run into a few crashes, an
> infinite loop of some sort in the new c++ stuff that chomped all my memory,
> crashed my box and killed all my kittens, and a few other bugs and
> regressions.
KDevelop 3.4 was branched in October last year, it has 11 months of work.
So yes, I think we should release it.

> So, it really boils down to three questions.
>
> 1. Do we want to continue on the path towards releasing KDevelop 3.4?
yes, IMHO.

> 2. Should we just start backporting things from the 3.4 branch during the
> feature unfreeze cycles in the KDE 3.5 branch instead?
I think there are too many differences, not a good idea.

> 3. When would be a good date to release KDevelop 3.4 beta 3 (assuming we
> actually want to release 3.4)?
Like Andras said, I also think that we should concentrate on regressions, and
once that it done, release it.

--
Amilcar Lucas
Webmaster