KDevelop 3.4 beta 3 release date?

Can Erogul erogul at ceng.metu.edu.tr
Thu Sep 7 10:57:39 UTC 2006

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Thursday 07 September 2006 06:32, Matt Rogers wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea of when beta 3 should be released?
>>
> beta 2 was only released yesterday (ftp mirror issues)
>

>> As we get more
>> into the KDE 4 development cycle, I don't really like the idea of spending
>> anymore time on KDev 3.4. However, I'm not sure that KDevelop 3.4 is ready
>> for general public consumption now, since I've run into a few crashes, an
>> infinite loop of some sort in the new c++ stuff that chomped all my memory,
>> crashed my box and killed all my kittens, and a few other bugs and
>> regressions.
>>
> KDevelop 3.4 was branched in October last year, it has 11 months of work.
> So yes, I think we should release it.

    I am just a user, and I am looking forward to the new release which
has a working C++ code completion. I am using the beta right now (just
downloaded the new beta2).

    The current stable releasehas a lot of bugs in code completion,
which are fixed, the beta versions have much more better completion, and
I would like to use this kind of completion in a kdevelop stable
release. I just wanted to say I guess there are a lot of people looking
forward to a stable kdevelop release with C++ code completion. I am not
satisfied with kdevelop's current stability (did not try beta2 yet, and
the stable versions code completion is not satisfying), so I was trying
eclipse, netbeans and sun studio other than kdevelop. I am not used to
those programs yet. I would be happier with kdevelop without problems.

    I just wanted to say these words, because it may effect your
decesion about making the release.

Thanks for kdevelop :)
Can Erogul.