KDevelop 3.4 beta 3 release date?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Sep 7 06:56:22 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 07:32, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have an idea of when beta 3 should be released? As we
> get more into the KDE 4 development cycle, I don't really like the
> idea of spending anymore time on KDev 3.4. However, I'm not sure that
> KDevelop 3.4 is ready for general public consumption now, since I've
> run into a few crashes, an infinite loop of some sort in the new c++
> stuff that chomped all my memory, crashed my box and killed all my
> kittens, and a few other bugs and regressions.

Some showstoppers from my POV:
- debugger issues I posted (I will create bugreports for them soon),
mainly moving breakpoints and not showing QString for parent classes
- autocompletion was very slow a week ago, I have to retest it. Manual
completion is OK

There are some other small problems, but the above ones are regressions
and this is why I consider showstoppers.

> So, it really boils down to three questions.
>
> 1. Do we want to continue on the path towards releasing KDevelop 3.4?

There was quite some work done here and I think it's better to use this
one instead of backporting. Sure, bugfixes can be backported if anyone
cares about finding them...

For the rest, I don't have an answer.

Andras