KDevelop 3.4 beta 3 release date?

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Sep 7 04:32:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea of when beta 3 should be released? As we get more
into the KDE 4 development cycle, I don't really like the idea of spending
anymore time on KDev 3.4. However, I'm not sure that KDevelop 3.4 is ready
for general public consumption now, since I've run into a few crashes, an
infinite loop of some sort in the new c++ stuff that chomped all my memory,
crashed my box and killed all my kittens, and a few other bugs and
regressions.

So, it really boils down to three questions.

1. Do we want to continue on the path towards releasing KDevelop 3.4?

2. Should we just start backporting things from the 3.4 branch during the
feature unfreeze cycles in the KDE 3.5 branch instead?

3. When would be a good date to release KDevelop 3.4 beta 3 (assuming we
actually want to release 3.4)?

Thanks for any input
--
Matt