A test session with the current kdevelop

Tommaso Massimi tmassimi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:12:39 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 16.10.06 14:09:56, Tommaso Massimi wrote:

> > After a first look to the code I think the line of icons is implemented
> > in an class named tabbar, included in a library
> > (KMDI, as Vladimir said).

[...]

> > I'd like to fix this bug;
[...]

> That is kdelibs code, it hasn't been maintained for quite a while -
> AFAIK and from what I heard is "not nice to read". Good luck at finding
> and fixing the bugs without opening new ones.
>
> Also note: KMdi is only useful for KDE3 apps, KDE4 doesn't include kmdi.
> And finally: KDevelop3.4 is not affected by this in its default
> installation because it uses the simple-ideal mode which doesn't depend
> on kmdi. This mode is already available in kdevelop3.3, however ideal is
> still the default because simple-ideal was pretty new when 3.3 was
> released. So changing from ideal to simple-ideal might solve your
> problem.
>
> Andreas

In other words,
this could be an unuseful work.

I have seen that the simple-ideal mode works fine,
thanks for the tip, I have already switched to it.

But why the ideal mode's code has not been removed or
the interface hidden?

I guess a lot of people will have my same trouble
and they will be unsatisfied from the ideal interface...

Thanks a lot
Tom