A test session with the current kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 16 15:11:10 UTC 2006

On 16.10.06 14:09:56, Tommaso Massimi wrote:
> The same test applied to kate doesn't show any trouble,
> so it should be in kdevelop source code
> (or it's worked around in kate).

Kate has it's own implementation of MDI called KateMDI, IIRC this was
introduced in kde3.5.

> After a first look to the code I think the line of icons is implemented
> in an class named tabbar, included in a library
> (KMDI, as Vladimir said).
>
> if nobody is already looking at it,
> I'd like to fix this bug;
> I don't know how long time this will require me,
> but it's a good point to start from.
> I hope this code will be not dropped soon...

That is kdelibs code, it hasn't been maintained for quite a while -
AFAIK and from what I heard is "not nice to read". Good luck at finding
and fixing the bugs without opening new ones.

Also note: KMdi is only useful for KDE3 apps, KDE4 doesn't include kmdi.
And finally: KDevelop3.4 is not affected by this in its default
installation because it uses the simple-ideal mode which doesn't depend
on kmdi. This mode is already available in kdevelop3.3, however ideal is
still the default because simple-ideal was pretty new when 3.3 was
released. So changing from ideal to simple-ideal might solve your
problem.

Tuesday After Lunch is the cosmic time of the week.