More debugger bugs

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Nov 28 21:33:17 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 00:27, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 22:09, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > > After this step into the
> > > unloadPlugins method. You will see the second part of the
> > > QStringList issue.
> >
> > Reproduced. Again, clearly a gdb bug, but in this case:
> >
> > 	- no workaround is possible
> > 	- I think I can fix this in gdb
>
> Good that you can reproduce it, but it is a bad sign that it may require
> a patched gdb. Mine is 6.5 from the not-yet-release SUSE 10.2.

Hardly anything we can do about it -- KDevelop 3.4 is not released either,
anyway.

> > > Now in the framestack try to go back one level. You will see the
> > > framestack bug.
> >
> > I can't reproduce it.
> >
> > > And of course you should see those error dialogs as well. After
> > > steping even more in the code inside unloadPlugins I just had to
> > > abort the debugging due to the big amount of error dialogs I got.
> > >
> > > :-(
> >
> > I can't reproduce this either. I've stepped though the function till
> > exit with no errors. Let me check -- are you using make, with
> > debugging enabled? If not, please tell how exactly you've built
> > kdevelop.
>
> My KDevelop (both that I run and what I debug as they are the same) were
> compiled with unsermake. The configuration options used:
> --disable-rpath --disable-closure --enable-libsuffix=64
> --enable-debug--enable-gcc-hidden-visibility

I think we've discovered some time ago on IRC, that unsermake does not compile
with -O0 -g -- which leads to exactly the problems you see. Which is not to
say that those problems should not be fixed. Is it easy to get unsermake up
and running?

- Volodya